If you are intending to respond to the EA consultation for Tinker Lane 1 then this guidance document will be essential reading. Received today from the EA in an email which is copied below:
Following on from a consultation early this year we are pleased to inform you that we have now published a temporary PDF version of our Onshore Oil & Gas Sector Guidance on GOV.UK along with our consultation response document. Our regulatory position has not changed however the guidance has been amended to provide further detail and clarity.
The guidance document will be converted to web text over the next few months and going forward will be amended to reflect changes in regulation or as new technologies and techniques are developed by industry.
The guidance includes information on:
- Planning / permitting interface
- When operators will need an environmental permit or other permission and the options available
- Information applicants will need to submit as part of their application
- Standards and where appropriate the best available techniques (BAT) that we require
- Information on operational monitoring and compliance
The sector guidance document is available to view online at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/onshore-oil-and-gas-exploration-and-extraction-environmental-permits